Doctor have removed a two foot phone charger from inside a man’s bladder. The patient, 30, went to the doctors after complaining of abdominal pain last week. It is unclear how the lead came to get into his bladder. Doctors believe it was swallowed or inserted for ‘sexual gratification’. The man, said to have a ‘history of accidental ingestion of headphones’, can be seen with the curled lead inside his bladder in X-ray scans.
He was given a two-day course of laxatives in a bid to alleviate the stomach pain before doctors performed a small incision into his gastrointestinal tract. Doctors then discovered the 61cm lead and decided to perform surgery to remove it.
Five medics performed a 45 minute surgery to remove the lead at Guwahati hospital, north India last Sunday. A doctor, who admitted he had not seen anything of the sort in his 25-year career, said: ‘We gave him laxative for two days as we did not want to do surgery immediately. ‘The patient’s stool was examined, but nothing came out. ‘We decided to do a small incision and check the gastrointestinal tract. ‘He might have been uncomfortable while telling us the truth, which led to us searching in the gastrointestinal tract. ‘Though I’m not exactly sure about his mental health, some people do things for sexual gratification, but this man took things a little too far.’ Islam spent three days recovering in hospital before he was released home.